- How to play with a different screen resolution: in the properties of the game’s shortcut on desktop write the desired resolution, for example,
- How much Internet data does RoM2 consume?
- How to stream RoM 2? It’s displaying just a black screen
You need to select capturing a “display” and not the “game” in OBS
How to run Rage of Mages 2 in windowed mode?
- download dxwind
- run; in the small window that appears, right-click on the white background and select
Pathspecify path to
- Check that
Run in Windowis active
- At the bottom you can set the desired window resolution. Defaults to
600; you can put, for example,
- Go to tab
Renderer. It defaults to
primary surface; put
- Then go to the
ON(to keep the cursor within the window)
OKat bottom right. Now you can click on the RoM2 icon that appears in a white box to run them in the window 😉
In case if you can not connect to the server and got this message “Can’t connect to Hat. IP Address or URL may be invalid“:
The problem is related to the fact that RoM2 writes data to the Windows registry, so if you played on a different server before or had other RoM2 client installed, the game connects to the wrong place. To fix:
1) uninstall all other RoM2 clients
2) clean the registry from RoM2
3) install our client
4) right Mouse Click on
"Run as administrator"
For those who want to increase the fps of the game, put ddwrapper in the folder with RoM2. Note that in this case the map editor will stop working for you; so if you want to use ddwrapper – duplicate the RoM2 folder with the editor.
If you have a problem with Windows 10, try the following:
1. if the game displays purple, then after installing the patch:
– download DXwnd and unzip the folder from the archive anywhere
– open Dxwnd.exe; click RMB on an empty space and select ‘Add’
– select the Rage of Mages 2 executable file (rom2.exe)
– the game icon appears – can be launched by dxwnd
2. If this does not help to start the game:
Download and unzip to the folder with RoM2 ddraw
3) if it does not help, play only through the virtual machine. Download VirtualBox or any other emulator and install Windows 7 on it 🙂 RoM2 is not gluttonous game, it flies on the virtual machine really fast.